Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Finally, The Big, Exciting News!

So, here it is: Today marks two months until the release of my book, Closet Confidential: Style Secrets Learned the Hard Way. Yes, a book!


As the title implies, it's a funny fashion guide a la Daddy Likey, but the content--168 pages--is all new. I packed it full of quizzes (test your knowledge of ironic t-shirts!), diagrams (learn Pythagorean's lesser known theory of cleavage angles!), fake newspaper clippings, forged yearbook pages, and more, including awesome illustrations by Sam Trout. I wanted to write a book with the same goal as this blog: to provide real fashion advice for real women with real budgets and hopefully make them laugh along the way. Sasquatch Books made that goal a reality, although donuts definitely helped with the writing process (Edgar Allen Poe had alcohol, and I have Krispy Kreme).

I want to take this opportunity to give a heartfelt thanks to every Daddy Likey reader from Oregon to England to Singapore and everywhere in between (and an extra big heartfelt thanks to regular commenters, who, as every blogger knows, are actually angels sent from heaven to give us self-esteem). This book is dedicated to you guys (also my mom, and the Backstreet Boys, but mostly you guys!).

The next couple months will be a really exciting mix of all your regular programming on Daddy Likey plus book excerpts and giveaways. Stay tuned because around the book's official release date (November 9th) we are going to run a huge contest with some truly fabulous prizes on the line. In the perfect world, I would totally fly you all to my house, set up a tent, serve hot dogs (tofu dogs too!), and hire one of my brothers to play "The Final Countdown" continuously on the accordion, but my publisher informed me that's not really feasible. Sad, yes, but trust me: the book release giveaway bonanza will be almost as awesome!

Thanks again for all your support and inspiration! I've been wanting to write a book since I was a wee little seventh grader with big dreams and an even bigger dandruff problem (glamorous, right?), and Daddy Likey readers helped that dream come true. You probably also cured my dandruff problem. You guys are that good.

Update: For those of you asking about preorders and where to buy, first of all, I love you, and to answer your questions, you can preorder from Amazon (cheapest), Barnes & Noble, or Powell's, and come November it should be available pretty much everywhere!