Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday Top 5: Hair Accessories Guaranteed to Brighten a Depressing Day


Butterfly hair comb, $35Have you ever had a swarm of butterflies land on your head? Me neither. But I imagine it would be difficult to have a bad day after such an experience.

Not only is this big flower lovely and quirky and eye-catching, it's made of duct tape. This is the first and only hair accessory I've come across that would earn me some street cred with my 14-year-old brother.

I bought a beautiful brown feather headband in DC that looked a lot like this, but when I packed it in my suitcase for my trip home, the feathers got tweaked, so it now looks less like a chic headband and more like a confused pheasant that rammed into my skull. Basically, having a new one would brighten my day.

You know the feeling of unadulterated glee that comes from popping the bow from a present onto your head and being like, "Ha ha! Look everyone! There's a bow on my head! I am SUCH a dork!"? Well, this headband would surely impart a similar feeling, and look decidedly more fabulous.

Just looking at this picture made me go, "Eeeeeeeppp!" and bounce up and down in my chair excitedly. For a happiness boost, you just can't beat teeny tiny polka dot bows in pretty colors. I would be tempted to wear all eight at once, and that would definitely make for a good day.