Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday Top 5: Bras So Cute I'm Tempted To Wear Them Without a Shirt

Even with all my preaching about the importance of a good foundation, and how if I had to choose between swine flu vaccine and a new bra, I would totally choose a new bra, I have somehow found myself in the midst of a dire bra shortage.

After some unfortunate laundering incidents turned my two favorite bras into mangled twists of wire and lace (yes, I ruined one bra this way, and then did it again), I'm currently down to two backup options--one which digs into my back like an angry gremlin and another which is so stretched out it makes me resemble one of Tyler Perry's elderly woman characters.

Since I'm excited to restock my supply, today's Tuesday Top 5 is focused on beautiful brassieres:

Midnight Grace "Daisy" underwire plunge bra, $36
Things I love: Blue, red, embroidery, flowers, bows, bras. Things I really love: This blue and red embroidered floral bra with a bow.

Elle Macpherson Intimates "Dentelle" contour bra, $65
Elle Macpherson bras don't usually fit me right, but they're so cute that I still try them on everytime I go bra shopping and end up on my knees in the dressing room, screaming, "WHY GOD WHY?!" until a sales clerk knocks on the door and is like, "Umm, ma'am? Everything OK in there?" and I'm like, "No, everything is definitely not OK."

While writing this post, I came across this supercute site for petite women with small busts, aka women who never have to worry about resembling a shockingly saggy Tyler Perry character. There are a ton of gorgeous options, but I thought this one was especially pretty and simple.

Oola Rocco (best brand name ever!) lace underwire bra, $45
I found this brand and style in a great post about plus sized bras over at Dramatis Personae. She said it looked lumpy under shirts, which is why I would wear it without a shirt. And then get arrested.

Natori "Sheer Scroll 131040" (Umm, Natori, that bra name sounds like a prisoner ID number), $38
Have I mentioned I'm obsessed with this color? Oh wait I mention that, like, everyday. I even mentioned it earlier in this post. Sorry about that.