Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday Top 5: Tennis Outfits for an Aspiring Pro Who Currently Sucks at Tennis But Whatever

Last month I decided that I would become a professional tennis player, for the following reasons:
  • I was bored.
  • I've always prided myself on my grunting skills.
  • I realized that my previous life dream of train conducting would mean dealing with a lot of hat hair.
  • I used to play volleyball and I won the "Best Server" award in 9th grade, so I figured my skills would translate seamlessly.
  • And finally, THE CLOTHES. I mean, look at this photo:
What other sport not only lets you wear skirts, but dress like a badass biker chick and make grunting sounds?

Oh, and wear dangly diamond earrings?

I'm sold.

I'd never played tennis before, so I figured a good first step in my career would be signing up for a beginning tennis course at the local community college. So far I've taken four classes, gotten in trouble for wearing sequined shoes on the court, and seriously injured an elderly woman with a rogue serve to her spine. Oops.

Let's get back to focusing on the good stuff:

Top 5 Reasons I Am Going to Be a Pro Tennis Player; or: Cute Tennis Clothes I Want to Wear Everyday

Could you stay mad at someone wearing a dress like this? Even if they slammed you in the back with a poorly planned serve?

Slightly boring, sure, but really cute and super flattering. I already bought myself a skirt similar to this one and I wear it around the house a lot.

This is slightly more formal than how I might envision my wedding dress.

Love the colors. Love the pleats. Want to marry it.

I would wear this out grocery shopping after cleanly defeating Serena Williams at Wimbledon.

Do any of you guys play tennis? Any favorite brands or stores for cute tennis clotehs? Have you ever played a sport or taken up a hobby just for the fashion possibilities?