Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday Top 5: If It Were Legal I'd Marry My Hat

A few weeks ago two of my brothers and my boyfriend and I took a trip down to Eugene, Oregon. I'd been there many times before, but somehow each time I was busy with other things like eating fish tacos and losing a race to a pancake, so I've never had a chance to check out the city's selection of vintage stores.

On this trip I made shopping a priority and dragged the guys around to a few different places, all of which were amazing, but I had the best luck at Oak Street Vintage, where I scored a cherry-red 1960's raincoat for ten bucks, and this hat, which I adore so much I wrote a list about it:

Top 5 Reasons I Love My New Hat

1. It's dark green, which is almost as versatile as black but adds a subtle pop of color to any outfit.

2. Adjusting it like so means I only have to do makeup on one eye:


3. The frayed tag says "Made in Italy for Bloomingdales," a fact I brag about to random people on the bus, and they are always impressed.

4. Oh man, it's gonna take my karaoke rendition of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" to a whole new level.


5. I can pull down the brim and walk around feeling glamorous and incognito, at least until someone taps me on the shoulder at the grocery store and says, "Winona? Is that you? Why aren't you wearing pants?"

Oops.