Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Big Sky Blogging

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately!

I'm actually in Montana with my mom, brothers, and boyfriend right now. I packed my laptop in a Betsey Johnson floral totebag (just like Jack Kerouac, right?) so I'd be able to post updates from the road, but then I found out there is no internet in Montana.

Besides the lack of wifi though, I'm loving this beautiful state. Here is a list of notable events/experiences so far:

-Swam in a mountain lake
-Got spit on by a deer
-Saw a black bear
-Saw Professor Keenbean from Richie Rich
-Got an awkward back rub from a waiter at a Mexican restaurant
-Acted out some key scenes from Harry Potter
-Saw a mountain goat and a baby mountain goat
-Had to hide from a couple of Skeksis from The Dark Crystal
-Got in trouble for laughing too loud on a train

At one point on a hike in Glacier National Park, I was overcome by the natural setting and sat down by a raging river to sing "Mother Nature's Son" and whittle a spear from a birch branch. Photo evidence:


I'll be back to blogging ASAP, but for now I'll be whittling and trying not to get eaten by a grizzly bear. Hope you guys have a great week!