Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Top 5!

My body type is often referred to as an "apple." Sometimes a "watermelon." Sometimes "James Gandolfini." Put simply, my belly is bigger than my hips. Every fashion tutorial I've ever read for "apple bodies" firmly dictates that our kind should wear only structured garments, lest we end up looking like, well, James Gandolfini.

A couple weeks ago, I defied these orders and bought a big, shapeless cozy sweater. I bought it even though the sales clerk advised me not to buy it, saying it was "big" and "shapeless." I bought it because wearing it is like wearing a blanket with bell sleeves and cute little tassels around the collar and it's perfect for winter and I love it and also I get a thrill out of rebelling from fashion rules. So there. Bada bing, bada boom.

Top 5 Super-Cozy Shapeless Blanket Sweaters

Blue Draped Cardigan, $24.80, Forever 21

Cheap Monday Robyn Cardigan, $98, Urban Outfitters

Love Change Open Front Cardigan, $42, Macys

Laurie B. Allure Cardigan Coat, $198, Nordstrom

Turtleneck Cape (awesome!), $49.99, Ann Taylor Loft

Are you guys as excited about sweater season as I am? Do you have a favorite sweater?