Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back-from-the-Dead Blush

One of the perks of blogging is getting random packages from PR companies. The key word here would be "random." For example, last week I found a giant FedEx box crammed under my doormat. Inside was an eyelash curler, hand soap, blush, and approximately 40 pounds of gourmet popcorn.

As soon as I'd determined the package didn't come from a confused terrorist, I ate a bunch of popcorn and smeared a bunch of blush on my cheeks, and you know what? Both were kind of awesome. Since this is a fashion blog and not a specialty popcorn review site, let's focus on the blush.


The product I received was Ramy Beauty Therapy Juicy Cheeks in "Maya Papaya." It's a sheer cream blush that goes on bright pink, but then you smear it around and it fades to a subtle glow. See?


Sometimes I stay up all night writing and start to resemble one of the bloodless bodies from season one of Dexter, which is really upsetting. I love this blush because I can rub it on my cheeks and lips in the morning and suddenly I'm a vibrant young professional. (As opposed to a corpse.)

Here's the thing though: as you can see, the stuff is subtle. Super subtle. Which I guess is good, because it looks natural, but it's also expensive. Super expensive. Like, $24 a pop. And while one could argue that since it works well on cheeks and lips, you're basically getting two products for $12 each, that's still a lot of money for a subtle glow.

So, would I pay $24 for it? Probably not at the moment, because I have approximately $25 in my bank account and I need to save up for a ticket to see The Expendables in August*, but if I won the lottery, maybe I would. I mean, any product that can bring my face back from the dead is worth a bit of an investment, right?


*My boyfriend informed me that I woke up in absolute hysterics this morning because I had a dream that Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, and Jet Li had all drowned in the ocean while promoting this movie.