Sunday, April 18, 2010

Awesome Affordable Etsy Find of the Week: Butterfly Body Art


When I first got my driver's license, my parents would let me borrow their Volvo if I agreed to take my little brothers to school in the morning. I needed that Volvo in order to drive up and down Main Street blasting my Fatboy Slim tape, so of course every morning I dutifully drove my brothers to school.

One day I was hustling everybody out the door when I noticed my youngest brother Bob had locked himself in the bathroom.

"Get out of there, Bob, we've gotta go!" I yelled.

"Umm, I can't," he whimpered back.

I walked over and knocked on the door. "What's wrong?"

He opened the door a crack and peeked through. "I drew penises all over my hand."

He held out his hand and sure enough, the kid had had a Superbad moment and made 6 or 7 very obvious renderings of the male anatomy on his hand and forearm. With a permanent marker.

I put his hand under the faucet and tried to scrub them off, but they wouldn't budge. We were running late. I had a test. "You know what?" I said, "They're hardly noticeable! I think we should just go."

"But what will the other kids say?"

"Just tell 'em they're butterflies."