Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Imagined Conversation Between Myself and This Model


Me: Umm, ma'am?

Model: What?

Me: Well, it's just...

Model: I'm kind of busy here.

Me: Yeah, about that. What are you doing?

Model: I'm a model. I'm modeling this dress. Isn't it pretty?

Me: It's gorgeous, for sure. It's just...this is a Mexican restaurant. And I don't see any cameras. And you seem to be really confusing the house band.

Model: The camera guy is on his way. He's running late, I guess.

Me: Right.

Model: Oh look, there he is!

Me: That's a decorative cactus.

Model: He did seem a bit prickly.

Me: Did you have one of those giant margaritas that's wheeled up to your table in a re-purposed bathtub?

Model: No!

Me: Really?

Model: I had four.

Me: Well then, I applaud you for wearing any clothes at all.

Model: I told you, I'm a model. I'm a professional. Now, will you tell the cactus to hurry up? I can't hold this pose forever.

p.s. Huge thanks to the lovely Lydia for sending me this picture!