Monday, December 28, 2009

Awesome Affordable Etsy Find of the Week: Banana Flashbacks Edition

Coming across these vintage banana beads stirred two of my fondest banana-related memories:

1. In 9th grade my best friend Rachel and I made necklaces out of metal spoon pendants we bought at the bead store. There was absolutely no meaning behind our spoon necklaces, we just thought they were random and cool. Then we wore them to school and everyone was like, "Are you on crack?" and I thought it was because our spoon necklaces were so random and cool, but actually it was because they thought we were, like, literally freebasing crack with our spoon necklaces.

2. One time a Verizon Wireless customer service representative asked me my name and I said "Winona." She said, "Hi Banana." And I said, "That works too."