Friday, June 18, 2010

My (Fake) Future's So Bright...

Yesterday my boyfriend and my little brother and I were checking out some music stores in the neighborhood. My boyfriend was looking for an electric guitar, my brother was looking for a pair of Pro-Mark drumsticks, and I was looking for the dramatic fantasies music stores so easily conjure within me ("I think I'm going to move to Nashville and start a folk rock band called Winona and the Corn Huskers! Serious! I just need to buy a van and learn to play an instrument.")

I came dangerously close to impulse-buying a banjo and a $900 drum kit before spotting these plaid sunglasses near the counter:


I tried them on, shrieked with delight, and slammed my debit card on the counter. "I'll take 'em," I said, "as long as they cost less than $900."

They were 12 bucks.

I love them so much I've been wearing them inside the house. And oh man are they gonna look great on stage in Nashville.