Saturday, May 22, 2010

Awesome Affordable Etsy Find of the Week!


I had my first drum lesson last week. I walked in with big dreams of becoming the next Meg White or Dominic Howard, but then I was so nervous I forgot my own phone number and told my teacher I was going to vomit. My greatest achievement in my first half-hour as a drummer was banging out four 8th notes in a row and not puking in the trashcan.

Hardcore, right?

This week's lesson went much better. I successfully drummed a rock beat and wept with pride (I've only known my poor teacher for a cumulative hour and he has already seen my entire range of emotion). Now I want everyone to know I'm a drummer. Carrying my drumsticks around in my purse and accidentally dropping them at parties is a good first step, but I think clipping a few old school band medals to my favorite black blazer would be even better.

I have to go practice headbanging.