Monday, May 10, 2010

Ecosystem Accessory

I normally hate rings (one of my greatest fears, besides tsunami and sarlacci, is getting a ring stuck on my finger), but when I saw this monster peeking out of a sale bin on a Mother's Day road trip this weekend, I forgot about my phobia:

I mean, first of all, just look at the thing. I could stare at it for days and still not fully comprehend everything that's going on. This ring has a more complex storyline than Avatar.

Secondly, the band is stretchy, so when I slipped it on there was none of the hyperventilating, crying, and phantom finger swelling that usually occurs when I put on a ring. Besides the fact that it weighs approximately eight pounds, it's quite comfy and accommodating.

I walked over to my mom to ask her opinion. She grabbed my hand and shrieked, "That ring features two pollinators! Your father would be so proud!"

So I bought it. Duh. Plus it was only ten bucks.

When I dropped my mom off at home that afternoon I asked my dad what he thought of my new purchase.

"Good god," he said.

Good enough.

P.S. I don't see a brand name, but I found it at my favorite jewelry store in the whole world: Accessory Appeal (520 Northeast 3rd Street in McMinnville). Seriously guys, if you ever find yourself in Yamhill County, Oregon, have a glass of pinot noir and then go to Accessory Appeal. I love everything in the store, including the adorable owner, Hollyanne.