Monday, July 12, 2010

Five Men's Fashion First Impressions!

Good lord it's been a long time since the Five Men made an appearance, hasn't it? This is mostly because rounding up all the men often feels like trying to control a herd of diva sheep with ADD. No offense, guys.

Anyway, if you're new to Daddy Likey (welcome!), here's how Five Men's Fashion First Impressions works: I show my group of men (brothers, dad, boyfriend) an avant-garde fashion item and record their immediate reactions, which usually include at least one reference to Con Air. Here is the introductory FMFFI post, if you're curious. And here is today's fashion item, submitted by the lovely Ashley:

The skeletal heel from Dsquared2. My opinion? Awesome.

And now, without further ado, the men...

Brother, age 15: First of all, it's not logical. The spinal column is bowed out too much. Second of all, it seems like it's gonna burst open and an alien is gonna pop out.

Brother, age 20: The only two explanations I can think of for this are if your bone is actually protruding from your foot or you are Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park.

Father: (Cocks head. Squints) So that's the caudal portion of the spinal cord. (Looks closer) Wow! It's even got intercostals in there! It's really quite a good representation. It must be life-modeled. I mean, it's butt ugly, but it's quite eye-catching. I like the bones. I don't like the shoe.

Boyfriend: That's the creepy robot from Transformers that tries to kill Tyrese Gibson!

Brother, age 23: Looks like a sand shrimp claw.
Me: So do you like it?
Brother, age 23: No, I hate sand shrimp.

So, there you go.

p.s. The Five Men take requests! If you find something you'd like their sometimes disturbing but always brutally honest opinion on, send it my way: daddylikeyblog@gmail.com