Monday, March 22, 2010

This Might Clear Some Things Up...

The lovely and talented Jessica emailed me the transcript of a conversation she had with her mom the other day, and I couldn't resist posting it here, partly because it clears up a few common myths/misunderstandings surrounding this blog, but mostly because it totally cracked me up:

Mom: I read a blog on your website the other day! You had it linked.

Me: Oh? Which one?

Mom: Daddy Likely.

Me: Daddy Likey?

Mom: Oh, I thought it was Likely. I thought it was a saying I didn't know.

Me: Nope, Daddy Likey.

Mom: Yes, I liked what she was saying about sweaters. I buy LOTS of sweaters in the same colors. But I was a little disturbed that she is selling stolen clothes!

Me: WHAT?

Mom: Her store that she was talking about. The one with Stolen Vintage Clothes. Who does she steal them from? Does she ask?

Me: Oh my...no. The store is Stolen Peacock Vintage. She had a story about her family stealing a peacock.

Mom: Is she selling a stolen peacock?

Me: No, the store is NAMED after a stolen peacock. She didn't steal any clothes.

Mom: So she's not selling anything she stole from anybody.

Me: Right.

Mom: Oh, good. That makes me feel better. I liked her writing, and I felt bad about liking her if she was stealing things and selling them!

Me: I am SO e-mailing her about this.

Mom: Tell her I'm sorry I accused her of stealing. Oh, what's a 'Chocho?'

p.s. If anyone else is wondering, "chocha" is a term that translates to "private lady parts." Pronunciation is an entirely personal decision, mostly because I love hearing my mom and her friends (and now Jessica's mom!) come up with different versions.

p.p.s.s. I also wanted to assure you that Jessica is right--Stolen Peacock Vintage is not stocked with stolen merchandise. And I gave up the peacock-stealing business a long time ago. But I regret nothing.