Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!

It's time for 2010's first edition of Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!, the recurring feature in which Daddy Likey readers submit examples of fashionistas who have taken the short hemlines trend a bit too far (in some cases up past their bellybuttons). Please click here if you want a more detailed explanation, and if you feel ready for your daily dose of chocha, read on...

As much as I appreciate the bold pose, this makes me very nervous:

Says Liz: A few more buttons would help.

Vigilant reader Joe captured this candid chocha photo:

The story: I was out shopping when I saw this in the window of (where else?) American Apparel. I'm fairly sure it's meant to be a top rather than a dress, but the decision to put it out with just leggings quite frankly terrifies me.

Love this one from reader Dijana:

She says: When you see this picture you just know that when she let go of that t-shirt the photographer got a straight shot at her 'chocha.' At least we'll save money not buying pants this season.

Ellie sent in this great example from the Balmain spring 2010 runway:

Since it's Balmain, this lil' ensemble probably costs approximately 700 million dollars. Showing your chocha? Priceless.

From Sara:

I love her eloquent description: This "tubular cowl neck" really draws the eyes to every woman's treasure.

Sometimes I wear an outfit like this to bed. And then I get nervous that there will be an earthquake and I'll have to wear it outside:

Nancy puts it perfectly: Just one gust away from "I see France."

Ah yes, here's Whitney "No Pants" Port:

Anna says: If she's cold enough to wear a coat, maybe she should also put on some pants!

Sarah was depressed to find this offender at Banana Republic:

She says: It makes me sad that Banana Republic, on whom I've relied for years for affordable work basics, is venturing into chocha territory. They couldn't have taken all that extra fabric at the cowl and applied it where it's needed?

Alana found this gem:

I named the file "Red Chocha," which is like "Red Dawn," but way scarier.

From the lovely Liz:

She says: Poor model, she doesn't have pants, is wearing a see-through top, and it's falling off of her! No wonder they don't show her face!

Ummm, yeah:

Says Antoinette: This Rick Owens outfit is special in a different way, as though he decided to offer a not-so-subtle hint. I mean, really.

And finally, Mazie sent in what she calls "A conglomeration of chochas," shown below (click the picture to enlarge):

Seriously, how great is that phrase? Conglomeration of Chochas. It kind of sounds like a political affiliation from Star Trek. I'd join.

Find a chocha? Pass it on! daddylikeyblog@gmail.com