Friday, December 21, 2007

ATTENTION SAUCY BRITS

Is "Saucy Brits" an OK thing to say? That's not a derogatory term, is it? I think I heard it in a Hugh Grant movie once, but now that I've put it up there in blaring capital letters, I'm worried that it might be the equivalent of Susie Bubble titling a post "ATTENTION FAT, LAZY AMERICANS," which of course she would never do (unless maaaayybe a fat, lazy American did something really horrible, like sat on her cat and refused to get up, but I'm not even sure that she has a cat and good god this sentence is getting out of hand), but you get the idea?

Anyway...assuming I haven't mortally offended you and/or completely lost your interest, I'm in need of some advice. ASOS: perhaps you've heard of it? They carry delightfully cute things like this top, which my friend Lydia is currently coveting:

What has been your experience with ASOS quality? Do you think this top would look good for an hour and then disintegrate in the rain? Or would it last for decades and become a family heirloom Lydia could pass down to her future well-dressed daughter?

The prices are wonderfully low in pounds, but switch up that currency to dollars and add shipping costs and all of a sudden a coat costs roughly as much as a mini cooper. I've had my eye on a few things on the site as well, so your feedback here could greatly affect numerous American closets.


Help me, Great Britain. You're my only hope.*

*OK, so I kind of lied about the "only hope" thing--I'd love for anyone, anywhere, who has shelled out shipping for an ASOS item to respond. I've got multiple hopes.